Sunday, September 11, 2011

Saturday Family Fun Day

This was our next-to-last Saturday Family Fun Day.  *pouty face*  Next Saturday is Bill's last Saturday off.  They are switching his days off to Sunday and Monday.  So we'll have to start having Sunday Family Fun Days.  *happy face*

Of course, this means I'm going to have to get into a new routine.  Right now, Sunday is my big laundry day.  No matter how hard I try, I can't get into the habit of doing a load a day, and even when I do, there's still several to do at the end of the week.  I swear, sometimes I feel like there are more than 5  people in this family on laundry day.  So I'm going to have to get into the habit of doing laundry on Saturday so that I don't have that hanging over my head on Sunday.  I'm not a big fan of changing my routine. 

And I liked that the two nights a week that I can stay up late and don't have the extra tasks of getting things ready for the next day were the same nights that my hubby is home.  Sometimes I really dislike my husband's bosses.  OK, most of the time.  The man never calls in, always comes in when asked, actually takes being on call seriously, spends his own free time taking certification tests and whatnot... yet he's always the one that gets uprooted and thrown around when people quit.  Because he'll do it without making a fuss.  I just hate that the people who are the most difficult to work with always get their way... just because it's easiest. 

Enough complaining...  let's get back to the topic at hand.  =)

Bill had been planning our Fun Day all week.  Or at least the first part of it... going to an antique tractor show.  He loves tractors, having practically been raised on a dairy farm.  He can tell you just about anything you'd want to know about any kind of farm tractor.  So we took a little drive out to Scott, AR to look at some tractors...

002

They had a little plot of cotton planted.  I don't think I've ever been up close to cotton plants before, but I've heard my dad talk about having to pick it before...

007

It's actually quite pretty, I think.

009

Little cotton balls =)

016

031

038

There is a cypress swamp in the area... I think it's quite pretty, too.

We left there and had lunch at a new burger place that everyone keeps raving about.  I wasn't that impressed.  In fact, I had a bit of a tummy ache afterwards.  I had mentioned earlier that there was a new walking bridge that had opened recently, so we decided to check it out. 

052

Now, ever since I was little, I thought that the land that this bridge connects to was an island and I always wanted to go on this island.  It's actually just a little peninsula, but it was still really exciting to be able to just go walk over to it now. 

060

068

There is a walking trail once you get over the bridge.  It's actually a part of a huge trail system in the area.  We didn't make it to the end of this particular part of the trail, but I think we were close because we were seeing people coming back that had passed us (because we were sloooooow.)

084

The reason we were slow.  Short little legs and short little patience.  This was when we decided to turn around.

092

And this was when we got near the end.  Poor little Dodo was not happy.  It sucks to be the littlest person.  She told me several times that we should have brought the stroller or wagon.  And maybe I would have if we had actually planned that part of the trip, but it was kind of a "what can we do now?" decision.

It definitely got me wanting to take more walks, even with all the whining.  I love trails.  Walking trails, nature trails, walking bridges.  It's one of my favorite parts of where we live, so many trails.  =)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...