Monday, December 15, 2014

40 before 40 - The List

I turn the big 4-0 December 6, 2015.

Here are 40 things I hope to accomplish before my 40th birthday!

  1. Keep a gratitude journal all year.  At least 3 things per day.
  2. Send a handwritten letter to a friend
  3. Send someone flowers
  4. Get my drivers license updated with new address
  5. Get a new tattoo
  6. Take at least one photo per month with the girls
  7. Have a professional family portrait made
  8. Take photos of Olivia
  9. Take photos of Isabelle
  10. Take photos of Zoe
  11. Read at least 20 books
  12. Read at least 5 books to the girls (chapter books, not picture books)
  13. Buy a must-have "classic" book for the girls' library every payday
  14. Plant a hydrangea bush
  15. Plant a flower box
  16. Put up a birdhouse
  17. Have an Olivia day
  18. Have an Isabelle day
  19. Have a Zoe day
  20. Have dinner at Sonny Williams with Bill
  21. Go to a play
  22. Go to Garvin Gardens
  23. Go to Eureka Springs
  24. Go to the Snoopy exhibit at the Clinton Library
  25. Paint pottery with the girls
  26. Crochet a mandala
  27. Crochet a Stay Puft Marshmallow Man
  28. Sew myself an apron
  29. Learn how to can
  30. Do a Dietbet
  31. Volunteer at a marathon  completed 12/27/14
  32. Climb Pinnacle
  33. Walk/run at least 500 miles total for the year 
  34. Finish Turbo Jam
  35. End the year weighing less than I started the year
  36. Empty our storage unit
  37. Get a dresser for our room
  38. Paint and decorate our bedroom
  39. Make a budget for 2015
  40. Go to the GYN

2 comments:

  1. If you have a Flash Portraits or a JCP Portraits near you I can help with coupons for the family photos. I work for Flash Portraits and would suggest if you're going to go to a studio for portraits, try to go during the week (the weekends are the busier times, unless you have the first appointment of the day) and if y'all can make it during late January, or mid-September, those are the two slowest months... and try not to stress out about it too much. Pics are fun...they shouldn't be perfect because y'all aren't Barbie and Ken...

    oiy, I just squirreled harder than Doug from Up. Great list and I wish you all the luck completing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to subscribe to your site and receive emails of updates and new posts. I tried the Subscription Link, but it does not work. How can I subscribe? My email is crochetingbecky@gmail.com

    Thank you,

    Becky

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...