Monday, August 27, 2012

What I've been up to...

Yeah, I'm a bad, bad blogger lately.  I know.  =)

The end of summer break was just exhausting.  It was so hot and my husband's truck doesn't have AC, so the girls and I usually let him have the van and we were stuck at home.  They were so bored all the time and going to work seemed like a vacation some days.  I was really ready for school, and things are much calmer around here already.  I just didn't have time to sew or crochet, but now I think things are settling down to where I can sit down and work on my projects instead of trying to find the floor of the living room.

Except I do have one problem....

We all know that Isabelle has an obsession with scissors.  And, while we didn't have any hair cutting incidents this summer, she did get a hold of the scissors a few times and we have a lot of dolls with odd hair cuts and one of my dresses fell victim one day.  So, I threw every pair of scissors in a lock box.  Again.  And, for good measure, since I keep a pair of scissors in my crochet needle bag.... yes, the whole bag went in the box.  I put the key up and I think we all know where this is going.

I can't find the key.  Again.

I know, hooks are cheap.  I'm still mad about it, though.  There are several pairs of scissors (um, like my fabric scissors and rotary blade) and my cute crochet bag in there.  Ugh.  I've searched everywhere.  I have no clue where I put that stupid key.

But, I've been really busy doing something far more important than crocheting anyway.

In April (or some time around then), I made myself a goal to lose 37 lbs before I turn 37 in December.  I had a really hard time getting into it, BUT  I'm on it now.  I've done really well the past two months.  I'm down 12.5 lbs.  I may not actually hit 37 lbs by December, but I'll be close.

I only have 2 hours between putting the girls to bed and going to bed myself and I have at least one of those hours reserved for working out (and my shower).  Then I have to make lunches and all that jazz for the next day.  So, my nights are booked for my health.  I intend to keep it that way, too.

I'm really having fun, too.  I enjoy working out.  I absolutely love yoga.  I go to a class once a week, and try to get a few practices in a week at home.  I tried to do it every day (Sadie Nardini practices are awesome!), but I was starting to get a little burned out and I don't want that.  I do Leslie Sansone's walk-at-home videos a lot, too.  I mix it up... I tend to get bored quickly doing the same thing.

It's becoming a lot more than losing weight to me.  I'm starting to think about goals that have nothing to do with a number on a scale or the size of my jeans.  Like walking a half-marathon...  I know, CRAZY.  I want to try running, but that gets difficult with our schedules.  I can get Olivia and Isabelle to walk or run with me, but Zoe...  well, poor baby just can't keep up with her short little legs.  But I want to be really physically fit in the end.   I'd rather weigh 160 in the end and be able to kick butt than 150 and a wimp.

Oh, did I mention I can do push ups now?  Not many... 3 or 4 regular ones, 16 or more on my knees.  I'm impressed with myself.

I am itching to work on my mom's afghan and I'm finding more free time in the afternoon when the girls get home, so it's going to happen.  I'm going to leave the lock box out in the kitchen.  I'm sure Isabelle will figure out some way into it.  ;)

4 comments:

  1. You will be glad to get back to your own routine again. Sounds like you have been keeping healthy, 12.5lbs is really good! I wish you luck for the rest of the lbs :) Having goals to be fit is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me itching to join a yoga class... I may have to do some looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wanna some yoga! Way to go, by the way, I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...