Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Numbers

Twenty-five.

That's the number of pounds I've lost!  I am so excited about that.  It's actually 50 lbs from my absolute highest.  8 lbs towards my 50 lb goal for the year.

Twelve.

That's the number of miles I walked Sunday (consecutively... it was more than that for the whole day, obviously).  And I realized that this entire experience is just as much mental conditioning as physical conditioning.  My body will walk until I collapse, it won't stop until my brain tells it to stop.  Those last 2 miles Sunday were brutal - not so much physically, but mentally. 

The half-marathon is in less than 3 weeks!  I have an 8 mile walk this coming weekend, a 6 miler the next, and then it's the big day!  I cannot wait to get that medal in my hands.  =)  It's 4 inches...  not as big as the huge 8 inch marathon medal, but still!  The Little Rock Marathon is known for its medals.

Four.

That's the number of days next week that Mr. Bill is going to be out of town.  This is a dilemma of epic proportions.  He's the one who get the girls up and ready for school, and takes them to school.  I have to be at work at 5:30am.  They have to be at school at 7:30am and 8:30am.  How on earth am I going to make this work?  It wouldn't be so bad, except we're short-handed at work and if I'm not there, the other girl is all by herself.  The only thing I can think of at the moment is getting the girls up and taking them to work with me, and then taking them to school, but that's going to seriously screw up their sleep.  The other girl at work closes, so I can't really ask her to come in and open, too.  I just don't know what to do.  I'll figure it out... that's what I do...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you! You're an inspiration, truly. I can't wait to see your medal too. Good luck with the figuring out the school and work situation, that's a bummer.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...