Thursday, November 12, 2009

It's not working!

I used to think people who refused to take generic medications or certain brands of medications because they didn't work for them were crazy. You know, like people who wouldn't take this acid blocker because it didn't work as well as the other acid blocker. They're both acid blockers and should both work. Shut up.

Yeah, well, as usual, I was wrong. One antidepressant is not the same as another.

When my Lexapro samples started running out, I checked the pharmacy website to see how much it would cost. There is no generic for Lexapro and it was going to run me about $30 a month. My doctor mentioned switching me to Celexa, which has a generic, and I checked and it was $8. So I called and had him prescribe the Celexa instead.

Bad move.

I made the switch sometime around my normal "cranky week" of the month, so I expected to be a total grouch because I always am then. But it's been 3 weeks now and the grouch has not left. On Lexapro, I was much more level-headed. Right now I feel like Linda Blair right about the time the pea soup starts flying.

I hate this feeling. I'm tired - exhausted - all the time. I have to force myself to do ANYTHING. I'm struggling with controlling my eating again. I just want to run far, far away. I cannot concentrate on anything and forget having a conversation with me that isn't completely thrilling because I'll just shut down in the middle of it and not hear a thing you say. I feel like a crazy person. I act like a crazy person.

Exactly how I felt when I went to the doctor to begin with. The Celexa is not working for me.

I think I'll call the doctor on Monday and get switched back. If I have to pay more, I think it will be money well spent. I feel like such a pest. I go years without going to the doctor and now I feel like I'm calling them nonstop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...