Friday, February 12, 2016

I guess I need a title....




Hey, look!  I crocheted!  One of our doctors at work revealed that his wife is expecting a baby basically any day now, and once everyone got over the shock that he kept that a secret, they planned a baby shower.  I was feeling the need to crochet, so I took the opportunity to make some tiny baby things.  A little hat with a daisy and a probably too small blanket.  I didn't get to be here for the shower, but I was told it was a hit.

Now the spark has been reignited.  I just want to crochet.  My younger sister recently bought a house, and I'm going to crochet a couple of throw pillows for her bed as a housewarming gift.  We picked out a color scheme and a couple of 12" squares to turn into pillows.  I'm so freaking excited.  I'm waiting on the yarn to arrive.  Tomorrow....  Then I'm dreaming about my next project... maybe Sophie's Universe or Rings of Change (I'm in a mandala mood, obviously).  But I have 2 major projects I need to finish (while I save my pennies for all the yarn either of those projects will need), my Matelesse that's about 3/4 finished and my Artfully Simple Angled Scarf, which I'm making more of a wrap.  But yes, I'm drooling over my crochet Pinterest boards, wishing I could just ignore all my responsibilities and make pretty things.

I'm 6 books into my goal for the year, too, which is pretty ahead of schedule.  I finished The Heart Goes Last by Margaret Atwood.  Not bad, not the best, though.  It's pretty much about how powerful sex can be.  I also reread Lisey's Story by Stephen King, which is one of my all time favorite, if not THE favorite, books.  I can't really tell you exactly what it is about the story, but I cried when I finished simply because it was over and I didn't want it to be.  It's just beautiful.  If you've ever wanted to read a King book, but don't like horror novels, read this.  It's a love story.  I just adore it.

And that's about all I have for now.  Have a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...