Thursday, August 20, 2009

Why is it?

Why is it that sending my kid to school for the first time feels like I'm taking a huge test on how good of a parent I am? I never felt like this with daycare. Now I'm worried if I sent the right things for lunch or if she's going to behave or make friends or if we take too long in the pick up lane.

Why is it that all of a sudden all of these people I never talked to in high school are requesting me as a friend on Facebook? Why am I so interesting now? Because I'm still not that interested in them... (yet too nice to deny the request) And why do they talk to me like we were friends to begin with? And why can't I remember half of them.

How is it possible that the geek who lived next door to me in high school that everyone thought I was dating (I was mortified!) can be an even bigger geek now? Like way over the top bizarro.

Why is it that I care what certain people I used to go to school with think about what I do for a living? Well, I know the answer to this - because I really know I could do much better. But it still shouldn't matter what they think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...