Thursday, July 26, 2012

That's just how it is, and it's OK

I know I've been pretty quiet around here.  I guess priorities shifted and the crafty things that I tend to blog about got downgraded a bit. 

It's not bad.... I think maybe I went through my little creative dry spell to prepare myself for a little bit of letting go.  I don't have time to do a lot of it and I'm OK with it.  A few months ago, I would have flipped out.  No crafty time?  No way!  But it's OK.

I don't know if you remember my little goal of losing 37 lbs before I turn 37 in December.  For months after I made that goal, I just could not get into it.  I'd tell myself to get up and go to the gym in the morning and I might do it once or twice before finding some reason not to go again.  I'd tell myself to track my calories, and maybe do it half the day.  I couldn't get my head into it.  Over the course of 3 months, I lost 3 lbs.

Then my sister got me into yoga, and it literally has changed my life.  That's so cheesy-sounding, but it's true.  I am so much happier in general.  I'm much more accepting of my body - as is.  I want to change my body, of course, but I can't do that unless I love it.  I can pinpoint the moment that everything finally clicked and I started really being serious about taking care of my body again.  I am tracking my calories daily, changing the types of food I eat.... I'm finally in the game.

I've lost 9 lbs now.  I still have 19 weeks until my birthday to lose 28 lbs.  Totally doable.

I'm still crocheting, but it doesn't happen every day. We haven't really been able to get into a really solid routine this summer at all, so it's hard to find the time for everything.  Hopefully when school starts next month we can find a routine and I will be able to spare a little more of my attention to something other than the changes I'm making =)


1 comment:

  1. Awesome for you! 9lbs is great. Keep the momentum and I'm sure those last 19 will melt away. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...