Monday, May 2, 2016

Happy Balls update

It's been almost a month since I started making and leaving my Random Balls of Happiness.  I honestly had no intention to make this a "thing" when I started.  It was just something to do to bring something positive into an otherwise dismal day for me.

But a few people asked me to send them one.  And I didn't want to just send them one, I wanted to send them extra, to leave about themselves.




I've sent out 3 boxes of 6 to my sister in S. Carolina, a friend in Chicago, and Bill's cousin in upstate NY.  I still have 4 more people waiting on their own boxes.

My sister suggested I tag them with a hashtag to see if I could "track" them.  So I have put #randomballofhappiness on all of them since my initial batch and shortly after that, set up an Instagram account for them @randomballofhappiness.




I searched and searched for the hashtag on Instagram and Twitter, but didn't see anything.  That's OK, because I was really happy doing it regardless.  Then, this past Thursday, the girls grabbed a ball each while we went out to run errands.  Zoe left her ball at the library and one of the librarians uploaded the picture to Instagram.  I was so excited!  I knew for certain that someone had found it!




And then Sunday the girls and I had a little picnic by the river and they left one on a tree in front of where we parked.  Shortly after we left, I got an Instagram notice that @randomballofhappiness had been tagged in a post.  Someone found the ball!

This has been so much fun, you guys!  I've even had my sister-in-law and one of you dear readers offer to make some to spread even more happiness.  It makes me feel so good to know that something I've done makes someone else happy.  I've lost count of how many I've made so far... and I don't intend to stop any time soon.  I'll just keep making my little happy balls as long as they bring me joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...