Monday, December 31, 2012

2012... 2013

Today is a very special day!  Yes, it's New Year's Eve, but it's also my baby Dodo's FIFTH birthday.

How did that happen?  Five years.  Already?  It's not real.

We're not having a real celebration until next weekend, but she did get a couple things today.

Untitled
Crazy Birthday Cake hat (Snappytots pattern)

Untitled
Panda Bear hat (improvised)

I didn't finish her Dodo hat, but she really didn't care.  I made her some brownies and they got to enjoy some sparkling cider to celebrate her birthday and NYE.  Bill took the girls out for breakfast AND lunch today, so she was definitely spoiled all day long.

I decided to clean up my photos on the computer.  So I thought I'd share some highlights of the year...



 Started off the year by getting to go on my first (and probably only) cruise!

 Bill's Aunt and Grandmother came to visit

Isabelle turned 6 and Bill's mom and her boyfriend came to visit.

 My parents' apartment burned down.

 Our trip to Moro Bay State Park

Olivia turned 8

 The Color Run!

 Our Crazy Christmas Tree

 Snowpocalypse 2012

So... what's up for 2013?

I have an afghan in the planning stages.  I'm learning Tunisian crochet and making up my own pattern as I go along.  Because I have to be complicated like that.  It's going to be a Sock Monkey theme.  I can't wait to get started.  I'm just waiting on my yarn.  I ordered it online because JoAnns had the yarn I needed on sale and I wasn't going to make it to the store in time because of the Snowpocalypse.

I have my half-marathon training going on AND I've started Turbo Jam.  I bought a Fitbit and hope that will help to keep me on track and focused.

I want to use my phone camera less and my real camera more.

I want to just enjoy this year.  Be proud of myself.  Continue with my goals and just make this a great year.

Happy New Year to all of you.  May you make 2013 the best year of your life to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...