Saturday, December 22, 2012

Rosey Ripple Afghan

I get to cross something off of my 37 List!  I have completed my Rosey Ripple Afghan!

Rosey Ripple

I started this way back in summer as a way to break up the monotony of the Rose Field Throw (which is no where close to being complete).  I am giving it to my Mom for Christmas.  It's only a lap throw... it's about the size of a baby blanket, really.  I didn't make it wide enough to be anything else.  But it would be good to curl up on the couch with a book and keep the tootsies and legs warm... and my mom does that a lot.

Rosey Ripple

I used the Churchmouse Vintage Crocheted Blanket pattern.  It's a paid pattern, but worth it.  I will absolutely use it again.  I've never been a big fan of ripple afghans, but this one won me over.  Every time I worked on it in public, it definitely got attention.

I used Caron Simply Soft in Pistachio, Persimmon, Country Peach, and Off White.

Rosey Ripple

It's very possible that I used a larger hook when I started it than I did finishing it, that or the fact that I was working amigurumi at the end but not at the beginning (my tension is much tighter with ami, so it probably carried over)....  the beginning is a little looser than the end, but it's not incredibly noticeable. I don't think so anyway. 

I think the Rose Field Throw will take much, much longer to finish.  I'm still contemplating just making it a pillow cover.  I have a laundry list of other projects I'm dying to do.  =)  As usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...