Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Well, the plan WAS...

I told myself, "Self, let's not make anything for Christmas this year."  I know, ridiculous.  But, as I have said before, I have a precarious balance between working out and crocheting.  Deadlines for crochet projects definitely throw off the balance.  Plus, I doubted my kids would even notice, let alone care if I didn't make them something.

But.

I got Isabelle's Christmas list. 

She wants a friend for Hobbes.

I made Hobbes for her for Christmas last year.

How can I say no?

I got really excited about it at first.  I mean, what would you assume should be Hobbes' friend?

Duh, Calvin.

I started scheming and looking at pictures.  I tried to wrap my brain around how to make his hair.  And Isabelle came by, so I showed her what I was looking at.  "This is Calvin, he's Hobbes' best friend!"  She said, "Oh.  Can he be a girl?"

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

"What I really want is you to make Hobbes again, in pink.  So he has a girlfriend."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

A little bargaining and discussion and we are avoiding a pink Hobbette.

Hobbes is getting a girlfriend

But he IS getting a girlfriend.

Aaaaaaannnnndddd, I just don't feel right making Isabelle something and not her sisters.



Olivia's getting a unicorn.  And Zoe is getting a zebra unicorn, because Santa is going to disappoint her in her request for a pony (a real one, she specified), so maybe getting  the only Zebrunicorn in the world will make up for it.  Zebrunicorn.  I made that up.  You have to pronounce it right... it's not Zeebrunicorn, it's short "e".  Zoe pronounces Zebra like the British... like the name Debra.  I made it up, I make the rules of pronunciation.  OK?  =)

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see what you're gonna do! I totally pronounced it Zeb-brunicorn, lol, I love that idea. I'm struggling with the making of stuff for my girls too, so much other stuff going on and too much other stuff to make. I'm glad you're crocheting again!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...