Saturday, August 3, 2013

Saturday Happiness

I seem to be on a bit of a self-improvement kick... not just with my weight loss and fitness goals, but just in general.  I'm reading two different books aimed towards cultivating happiness right now.  The Happiness Project, which I've mentioned before, and Search Inside Yourself by Chade-Meng Tan (which is about meditation, and really funny.)  

I generally do think of myself as a pretty positive and happy person, but I've been in a bit of a funk lately and want to boost myself out of it.  Even if I hadn't been in a low mood, I think everyone can stand to be a little happier, no matter how happy they already are.

I've been reminded of when I used to keep a gratitude journal, and I really want to get back to that.  So, the plan is that throughout the week, I am going to keep a list of things that make me happy and that I'm thankful for and publish it here every Saturday.  This week will be short, since I didn't start this list earlier in the week.  Hopefully, it's a ridiculously long list every week!

Music to make me happy this week
  • Mirrors by Justin Timberlake
  • Friday I'm In Love by The Cure
  • There's No Going Back by Sick Puppies 
  • Need You Tonight by INXS
I finished American Gods by Neil Gaiman (awesome book, BTW), and now have a stack of Neil Gaiman books beside me... Coraline, The Graveyard Book, and Neverwhere.

I'm happy that school shopping is done!  

My Mom is getting a new dog next week, and he comes with the best name... Mr. Farley.  I just can't get over how flipping cute that name is and that my Mom doesn't want to change it!  

I've been trying to wear jewelry more this past week.  I usually wear all three pieces of our wedding set (Bill can't wear his), an opal ring with 2 tiny diamonds, and a turquoise ring and some bracelets.  I realized the other day that, without even planning it, I wear all three of the girls' birthstones... opal for Olivia, diamond for Isabelle, and turquoise for Zoe.  =)

I was made a Healthy Body forum administrator in a group on CafeMom.  I'm pretty excited about that and hope that it helps keep me on track and accountable since I've been such a slacker this summer. 

I hope everyone had a good week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...