Friday, February 6, 2009

#82 - Making a children's book for Isabelle

Sometimes things just aren't fair. And you can't really explain that to a 2 year old. Olivia has a book with her name on it. She even has a whole cartoon dedicted to her now. Isabelle doesn't understand why there isn't a book or a cartoon for her. She's old enough to realize that Olivia has these things, but not old enough to understand that the book and cartoon aren't Olivia's, they're just about a pig who happens to have the same name. She wants an Izzy book.

So, why not give her a book? I'm creative, I can draw cartoon-y. I can come up with a simple story. So... Izzy will have her own book.

Today I bought a sketch pad and some colored pencils and I'm going to start working on it. When I'm finished, I'm going to scan the drawings and upload them to snapfish or somewhere and make a photobook out of it. Then it will look like an honest to God real published book.

I'm sure eventually I'll make one for Zoe too, and maybe one for Olivia that is actually for Olivia. But I don't know how long it will take me to actually do this, so just Isabelle is on this list.

1 comment:

  1. And when you're done with that you can illustrate Mom Tips and we'll be millionaires!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...