Monday, February 23, 2009

An update

So, how's it going? Well, for the most part pretty well. I have had a couple of "failures" but I'm just going to truck on ahead like it didn't happen. I didn't take any self-portraits this weekend, but I decided that if it takes me more than a year to get 365 pictures, well, then it will. It's my list, I can bend the rules a little if I like. =P I also didn't work out 3 times the week before last. It won't stop me from trying the rest of the 140 something weeks though. And I never got around to mailing out a letter last week. Maybe I'll do two this week to catch up.

I wrote down these numbers and I can't remember what they were to make comments on them. I'm tired.

#76 & #77 - The Heart Walk and MS Walk. I have done my research on them and they are April 4th and 11th respectively. I just need to register. I want to check with my sister to see if she wants to walk with me first. Why these walks? Well, my father has heart disease. He had a heart attack about 15 years ago and has had quite a few close calls since then. I could also do the Diabetes walk in support of him, but last year when I checked they didn't have one in the area. My mother has Multiple Sclerosis. My sister and I used to do the walks every year in high school and I haven't done one in forever. I was going to last year and something interfered. But I will do it this year.

#48 or #89... like I said I forgot to write down which was which and I'm too lazy to go back... whichever one is regarding my weight. As of Friday, I had lost 10 lbs. I still have a way to go to my first goal, but I'm happy. A friend recommended a program to me a few weeks ago. It's a Christian-based program on a website called Setting Captives Free. They have several programs dealing with various addictions and issues. When I first looked at their weight loss program, I immediately dismissed it. It didn't look healthy and I didn't want to deal with anything religious. But it stayed on my mind and I talked to my friend about it again. I looked at it again and decided to try it. I've been on it for a week now. It's a 40 day program. It really goes against a lot of things I've been taught the many times I've tried to lose weight, and they admit it. But the basic goal is to rely on God to help you overcome your food issues. There is a weekly schedule consisting of 2 days where you eat normally (as in "like a normal person" not how I normally eat), 2 days where you eat half-portions, 2 days where you are on a liquid diet until dinner, and 1 day of fasting. There is a daily lesson and they've helped tremenously. I've struggled a little, mainly with the half days. The fasting day was easy. I know it sounds totally crazy, but I always believe things are brought to me for a reason. And it's helped me to become better friends with someone in the process.

And that's about it for now. I'm going to put up a post about my date with Olivia now.

1 comment:

  1. wooohoooo!!! congratulations on then 10-pound loss! It's the starting-out that is so darn tricky! Good for you! oh and the MS walk...I should look up when that is in our area too....I did that walk with Violet and Phillip back in 2002....A friend of mine was diagnosed with MS the year before that... Tammy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...