Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Circle of life...

My heart is going out tonight to my boss and coworker who lost a close family member over the weekend.  I have been trying this week to juggle as many of their work duties as I can along with mine so they don't have to worry about what's going on at work.  I feel a bit helpless as to how to help them otherwise.  I can't fathom what they are going through.  It's difficult to lose anyone you love, but I think it has to be much harder when they are young and it's sudden.  My nephew is about the same age and my brain just won't even go there.  So tragic.

On the flip side of the coin, I found out today that my cousin is becoming a grandmother again soon, which means my wish that someone - anyone around me would have a baby has come true!  I'm crossing my fingers for a girl... they have a very boy-dominant family.  And I want to make pretty baby girl things.  My girls are not babies anymore =(  Zoe's 3 now.  And I can't have anymore and I know that's a good thing (a very good thing - at the rate I was reproducing we'd have 5 kids by now and probably another on the way), but I still want to cuddle a baby now and then.   And make teeny-tiny things. 

Like this....




And these...




Little girls are so much fun.  Not that boys aren't.  They just don't look so cute in peep-toed shoes.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure any small way you can will be a big way in helping the family at this time. It's never easy to lose someone suddenly at any age. The brain and the heart don't seem to catch up with each other in those moments of sudden loss. The daisy blanket for Zoe is coming along nicely. I have two boys and wouldn't know what to do with a girl at all. :) Have a wonderful Wednesday. Tammy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...