Thursday, June 30, 2011

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb....

People, I am losing my mind.  Seriously.

Today, we had a lazy morning and I finally got my backside in gear and made it to the shower about 10:30.  I had booby-trapped the door with the kids' stool so that my husband couldn't sneak in and make me feel like I live in a slasher movie (because he does that), got in the shower and was about to shampoo up when .... darkness.  Pure and utter darkness.  The bathroom is in the dead center of the house, no windows.  I stood there listening to the shrieks of the little people and Bill asking Isabelle if she played with the breaker box (which she discovered yesterday - God help us), and suddenly realized that I had forgotten to pay the electric bill.  Like totally forgot that the bill even existed. 

In my defense, which I admit there isn't much of, it's the one bill that isn't automatically deducted from our account or sent to my email.  I don't have a daily reminder whenever I open my email that the bill is still waiting to be paid.  So, this month, I just totally forgot about it.  Until I was standing in the pitch black bathroom, soaking wet.

Great.

I managed to make it out of the bathroom clothed, yet unwashed, told Bill what an idiot I am, and dashed off to pay the bill.  It was back on before it got hot inside the house due to the lack of AC, but still...

And what's even crazier is that later, I checked my budget for the next month that I made up to make sure we aren't over-extending ourselves with our Florida trip and I hadn't even planned on paying the electric bill next month.  You would think if I was going to forget a bill, it would be for something we don't deal with on a daily basis, like the Best Buy credit card.  Not the electric bill.

What is the herb that you take to improve your memory?  I think I need to make a trip to the heath food store and ask the hippie lady there to hook me up before I forget to put my shirt on before I go to work or something.  Lord... senile before I turn 40.  Great.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, sweetie, don't beat yourself up, it's an honest mistake, it's not like you were never planning to pay it. I like that you booby-trap the door! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...