Well, lookie there, Sam from Not Your Gram's Afghan awarded me The Versatile Blogger award. Thank you, Sam!
In order to accept the award, I am supposed to tell you 7 interesting things about me and then nominate 15 other blogs for the award. Well, I'll do the 7 things, but I don't have 15 blogs to nominate. I mean, a lot of the blogs I read are pretty popular blogs and I interpreted this to be for fairly new or undiscovered blogs. No biggie. I'm honored all the same and I will nominate a few blogs because I'm interested in their 7 things. I'm nosy like that. =) (and if you don't do them, it won't hurt my feelings... I'm also easy like that)
So... here are 7 possibly interesting things about me:
1) I was my high school class Valedictorian. AND I dropped out of college. I mostly felt that I was racking up student loan debt for no reason because I didn't know then and I still don't know now what I want to be when I grow up.
2) Once upon a time I did know what I wanted to be... and that was a fashion designer. I still have most of my designs. This was middle school era. I wanted to go to the Rhode Island School of Design. Then I decided I needed to be all practical and stuff and you see where that's gotten me. LOL
3) I have 6 tattoos, or 10 if you count the symbols individually. Left ankle: dragonfly and Kanji symbols for "dream" and "love". Right ankle: Pink Twiddlebug. Right boob: falling star. Left boob: little blue flower. Back: ugly sun and moon that I'm going to get covered eventually. Neck: a stick man and Kanji symbols for "believe" and "happy". And yes, I do want more.
4) I hate the word "y'all". I especially hate it when people say things like this: "I need y'all's number." First of all, that's too many apostrophes in one word to possibly be right anyway, and secondly, that just sounds awful. I'm Southern born and bred, but I just can't handle that word.
5) I once lived in a haunted house. That's a really long story, but there is no way you can convince me that it wasn't haunted.
6) I have never watched, and do not ever plan to ever watch any of the Star Wars movies. I've seen enough parodies and clips to have a pretty good idea of what it's about and I don't really care to watch them. In fact, when I worked at Toys R Us, and had to deal with the action figure collectors, I vowed to never watch anything that made people that obnoxious and insane.
7) I sleepwalk. My mom said I've done it since I was a kid and I even had friends see me do it during sleepovers. When Olivia was a baby, we had to move her into our bedroom because I was getting up and walking across the house with her to bring her to our bed and I never woke up. I thought for the longest time Bill was doing it. I've never tried to leave the house, but I have awakened in the middle of making a mayonnaise and peanut butter sandwich in the middle of the night, so I'm seriously hoping that I don't sleep cook often. I hope even more I don't eat it if I do.
So, I'm going to give the award to these chickies....
Tabby @ Buzzing Around the Apple Tree
Amanda @ Our "Normal" Family
Amy @ Sitting At Our Kitchen Table
Jen @ Tw-In Stitches
And anyone else that wants to share 7 things, please do. I love reading about people =)