Monday, August 15, 2011

I didn't actually cry...

... but I got awfully teary-eyed a few times.

Today was the girls' first day back at school!  I had to go to work this morning, but I took a long, early lunch so that I could take them to school.  I left a little early, in case they needed help getting ready, but they were ready long before I got there.  They were just a little excited.  =) 

I insisted on taking pictures before we could leave, though.  Of course.  The pictures kind of suck because I forgot to change my camera settings.  That's what happens when I am in a hurry.

004

My First Grader, Miss Olivia!

003

Entering Kindergarten, we have Miss Isabelle!

005

I couldn't resist.  The upside down sign and the tummy showing.... I mean, couldn't you just squish her?

006

That's a little better.  She's not in school yet, but Mother's Day Out doesn't run through the summer, so it was back to "school" for her too!

All together now...

007

Olivia and Isabelle were so excited to be finally going to the same school. 

008

Poor Dodo is all alone now.

010
(seriously, she doesn't mind LOL)

Are you ready to go?

015

I'll take that as a "yes."

The hardest part for me wasn't taking Isabelle to Kindergarten for the first time (she was off and I was forgotten as soon as she got in the door) or seeing Olivia looking a little lost in her new classroom.  It was watching Zoe walk into MDO without her big sister.  I'm just so used to her having Isabelle near by.  Not that it bothered her.  She's just my baby.  I assure you that when she starts Kindergarten that I will be a mess.

The girls were pretty confident, but they did have a couple of worries...

back to school

She can't write her name yet.  She was convinced she wouldn't be let in the door until she could.  I told her she was just fine, that's why she was going to school.

back to school

She was worried that Daddy was going to miss them.  I told them he'd be asleep and wouldn't even know they were gone.  Izzy hoped that he would at least dream about them.

back to school

Well, this one was fine.  She's an old pro at it now, you know.

I'm happy to report that everyone had an excellent day.  Olivia was on a green circle all day (the best of the behavior colors) and Isabelle was on a 5 (the best behavior number).  Isabelle said that the lunch ladies were mean to her and wouldn't let her play outside long enough.  I guess recess is her favorite subject already.  =)

Oh, and I don't plan on dressing Olivia and Isabelle all matchy-matchy every day.  Not that they'd mind...


1 comment:

  1. Looks like everyone was excited. Glad all went well. Hope the excitement continues. I know it will be a lot easier on ur brain knowing they will be in school all day. And now hopefully u and Mr bill can get some much needed rest.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...