Thursday, October 13, 2011

Goin' down to South Park...

My husband's aunt has commissioned my newest project.  One of her daughters is a huge South Park fan and Aunt A wants me to make the boys - amigurumi style - for a Christmas present.

There is a pattern for them, but it's kind of steep.... $12 for the set of 4.  They're not very big, so I just thought that was a little more than I would like to pay.  Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying for  a pattern.  But I've studied the pictures on Ravelry of the finished dolls and I've studied pictures of the characters and I think I can do this without the pattern.  Kenny might give me fits with his hood, but I'm going to give it a try.

I've been stockpiling the different colors for a few weeks and I sat down today to do some serious planning.  Just a side note... I like South Park, but I rarely watch it.  Until today I don't think I would be able to tell you which was Stan and which was Kyle.  And after this is all said and done, I probably would still not be able to. The girls came in while I was sketching and asked if they could watch a video.  That would be a negative, girls.  Believe it or not kids, not all cartoons are made for the innocent.  Especially South Park.

planning for the new project.

I decided to start with Stan.  I finished it and now, looking at pictures again, my proportions are way off..  He needs a bigger head and smaller body.

Stan

Sure... he's Stan-esque, but he's just not shaped right.  No big deal.  The girls were dying to get their hands on him.

Back to the drawing board....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...