Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sad face

Something awful happened today.  I was sitting in Zoe's classroom at school, waiting to go on her field trip to the pumpkin patch, when tragedy struck.  I had my precious Nikon D80, snapped a picture and

it died.

The screen went blank, the viewfinder went dark, dead.

There is something about going on field trips with Zoe.   It's the second field trip that I've brought my camera on and had to put it away because it wouldn't work.

I turned it off and back on.  Nothing.  I took out the battery and put it back in.  Nothing.  The battery wasn't dead, I checked it before I left.  It wasn't fully charged, but it was enough for the day.

I am willing to admit that I abuse it.  I hardly ever put it in its cushy bag.  The kids have banged their heads into it more times than I can count while it's around my neck.  I've had it at least 3 years and have never had it cleaned.  I've been meaning to since our trip to the beach, just in case it got some sand or saltwater in it despite my efforts to protect it.  But I didn't.

And now it's dead.

I don't know what to do.  I can't really afford to replace it at the moment.  Who knows how much it would cost to repair?  And the store's website where we got it said it would take 6-8 WEEKS for most repairs.  What am I supposed to do without a camera for two months?  Go crazy, that's what.

So, for now all my pictures will be cell phone pics.  I'm disappointed because I have something to show you and the pictures suck.  Boo.   I'm such a spoiled brat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...