Saturday, October 15, 2011

Since Zoe's a punk...

Well, you know that Zoe decided that we cannot give my boss the Daisy afghan after all.  I felt a little bad, since my boss really liked it.  But then I had a brainstorm.

I've had the idea to make a sample of the afghans when I complete them, so when I was making the Daisy afghan, I made 4 extra squares, one in each color.  Then I joined them into a big square and added the border. 

Did you know that tomorrow is Boss's Day?  Yeah, on a Sunday of all days....  I realized it earlier this week and we forgot last year, so I wanted to make sure we didn't forget this year.  And as part of our gift, I put my little sample afghan into a shadow box and am giving it to her.

daisy afghan sample

I told them that it would be about 12" square, in hopes that they'd get a 15x15 box, but they got a 12x12.  It fit, but just barely. She'll come in Monday to this and a gift card to a local salon. 

She's still getting the Stained Glass Window afghan... I've been working on it today, in fact.

I think when I remake this sample for myself, and for my future ones, I will just use a picture frame and take the glass out.  Or not.  I'll just have to see how it looks, I guess.  It might be a while before I do it anyway.  I'm a little worn out by it right now.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...