Saturday, October 8, 2011

I can't think of a title...

Well, I survived our first ever sleepover.  It wasn't too bad.  They didn't stay up very late... my kids are usually in bed at 7:30pm, so they're kind of lightweights in the staying up department.  Olivia was asking when they could go to bed about 9pm, and who am I to argue?  The morning was a bit of a test of patience since I'm generally a pretty cranky person first thing in the morning and I didn't want to leave the poor child with the impression that I'm Monster Momma.  Olivia wasn't the best hostess ever.  I had to remind her several times that she needed to play with her friend.  Luckily, the other two were more than willing to step in.  Olivia would either get caught up in the television or go off to play alone. 

We have a tentative reciprocal sleepover in two weeks.  The girl's grandfather invited her to come stay the night, but I want to confirm it with her grandmother first.  Make sure everyone's on the same page. 

I was thinking about it and I don't think Olivia has ever spent the night away from us other than when Isabelle was born.  My parents aren't up to keeping the kids overnight and Bill's family is too far away.  It'll be so weird for her to not be here.

With the kids occupied with their visitor, I had a chance to put in some good progress on the Daisy afghan. 

daisy afghan
I'm kind of chilly right now, so that looks so cozy to me.

I'm thinking I'll have it all finished and put together by the end of the week and then I can start the border.  That won't take long, I wouldn't think.

I need to pick up my neglected SGW.  I haven't touched it in two weeks or more.  I actually brought it out to work on it last night and got distracted by the book I was reading.  I hit that point in the book where I had  to finish it.  Now I'm bookless for a few days.  I hate that.

1 comment:

  1. Your brave .. not done a proper sleep over had a friends daughter stay once and just as i thought kids were asleep at 12 i heard crying. had to take her home. your afghan is beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...