Monday, June 11, 2012

Family Fun Day

This summer, I have signed the kids up for Kids Bowl Free.  You get 2 free games every day all summer at your local bowling alley (if they participate, of course).  You do have to pay for shoe rental, but it's still a great deal... games are $3+ per person, per game.  With 3 kids, it racks up quickly.

Today was our first time to go.  The girls have been bowling maybe twice before.  I wasn't really in the mood to bowl, so I sat out this time and let my husband and the girls play.  At first, we couldn't find a ramp (so the kids could push the ball down the ramp instead of trying to throw it), and when we did find one, only Zoe used it.  I'm telling you, it was the slowest game of bowling ever.  We only played one game because that took us an hour!  LOL  The computer tracked the ball speed somehow.  My husband threw the ball about an average of 15mph... the girls 3mph.  I joked that I could have walked to the end and kicked the pins down faster. 

Kids' bowling shoes are much cooler than adults'...

Well, you do what you gotta do.

It's easier in shorts, though.  ;)

It gets boring waiting for the ball to return (Isabelle took this picture while I was in the restroom, I shooed them away from the ball return over and over and over...)

Zoe took care of the ramp herself.  She's a big girl, just not strong enough to get the ball down the aisle.

Final score!  Daddy doesn't bowl too often... he takes a while to warm up.  They were beating him the first half ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...