Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Weekend

Hi there!  It's me... still over hear creatively constipated or something like that. 

Do they make a pill for that?  Probably not.

We've had a fun and busy weekend.  So fun and busy that barely any laundry has been done.  Just the necessities. 

I went to my 5th yoga class Saturday, which means I have to start paying for it now.  That's a bummer, but it will be worth every penny.  I totally love it.  It's weird... I am usually such a self-conscious person and I can't do everything like the instructor, but it doesn't bother me.




Actually I don't even feel like the top picture, it's the bottom picture all the way.  But I want to do it and I always mentally feel 100% better when it's over.  I actually pulled out my yoga mat for the first time in who knows how long the other night and did some at home.  I intend to do it again this week.

I even have the kids into it.  They took a little class at the library a week ago and I've found some videos on youtube for them. 

Untitled
Isabelle in fish pose.

The girls and I went swimming after I got home from yoga.  Between yoga and swimming, I'm not sure there is a single muscle in my body that isn't yelling at me today.  Oddly enough, I enjoy that. And even with making sure we're all doused nicely with sunscreen, I am much more tan than I think I've been in years.  Which means I've been outside much more than normal, and that's a good thing.  Vitamin D therapy =)

Today, after church, we packed up and headed out to pick peaches.  This has been on my mental summer bucket list for a few years, and this is the first time I've crossed it off.

DSC_0015

It was hot, though... 100* hot.  So we didn't stay very long.  We let the girls pick most of the peaches, so it seems like we got more not-quite-ripe ones than wonderfully juicy ones.  I dropped a small bag off at my sister's house as an early birthday present, and we had ice cream and grilled peaches for dessert tonight.  Awesome.  I'll probably make a pie and most likely have to freeze some.  Even if I wanted to can some.... I honestly don't have the counter space.  Or storage space.

Hopefully this week will bring creativity.  It's bringing my endodontist appointment for sure tomorrow.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...