Saturday, July 13, 2013

Sir Monkeyshines Funkybutt

About a year ago, my older sister asked me to make her a blue sock monkey, which I did.  She loved him and hugged him and named him Sir Monkeyshines Funkybutt, or Shiney Hiney for short.  Being a dork runs in the family.

Well, I'm not the world's greatest at hand sewing, so she had to give him back for some arm surgery.  She also gave me about 1/4 of a yard of this gold fabric and requested a pair of pants for Shiney Hiney.  She moved off to Oklahoma, I forgot about my sewing machine for months upon months, and Shiney Hiney took up residence in a dark corner of my neglected sewing shelf in the closet.

My sister is in Arkansas for a few days and asked me about Shiney Hiney.  I admitted to forgetting all about fixing him and making his pants.  So, this morning, I set about taking care of it before we went out there to visit.  I dug out the gold fabric and made a quick draft of a pair of tiny gold pants.  It's a good thing he's a stuffed toy, or else I would have never sqeezed him into his new skin-tight pants, but I did.

Untitled

I was just so amused with myself and this monkey.  I posted a picture on Facebook for her and mentioned that I thought he needed some chest hair.  Just joking.  But then... oh, but then I remembered this black furry fabric I have had laying around.  I couldn't help myself.  I snipped a corner off of the fabric and this happened...

Untitled

I thought I'd never stop laughing.  That's about the time Bill woke up and he just gave me that "Did I really marry you?" look and poured a cup of coffee.

The gold around his neck was supposed to be a gold chain, but it looked stupid.  However, the little piece of fabric I cut it from just happened to look just like a cape after I had cut the little circle out and Isabelle slipped it over his head.  I don't have a good picture of that, but it just perfected it.  The gold pants, the gold cape, the chest hair.  Sir Monkeyshines Funkybutt was complete (oh, and I sewed his arm back on).  

I did actually do a little sewing over the past week, so I'll show that off as well.

Untitled

Isabelle is modelling a red dragonfly paper bag-waisted skirt.  I added a drawstring belt so that Olivia The Skinny can cinch it up a little more should she want to wear it.

Untitled

Zoe is modelling a purple dragonfly halter dress.  It reminds me of an apron.  If I make another one, I will adjust the neckline so that it's a little less apron-like.

Untitled

And, finally, Isabelle is modelling a very rock-and-roll looking maxi sundress.  This was made for Olivia, but she declined to wear it.  We actually ended up taking the front ties and tying them in a halter fashion and tucking the back straps into the dress.  I thought it looked better.  

Isabelle has picked out more fabric wanting another dress, but I really am not sure when I'll get around to it.  We'll just have to wait and see.  I need to really focus on keeping the house tidy this week, getting back into the workout groove again, and eating better.  Those are my priorities.  If anything else happens, it's a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...