Saturday, July 6, 2013

You're going to want to sit down.

I want to sew.

I know, I know.  I haven't touched my machine in probably close to a year.  But I cleaned Isabelle's room and decided before she trashes it again, I need to use my sewing machine.  So I excavated some fabric and washed it.  Picked out a few tutorial/patterns.  After they go to bed, I'm going to cut the fabric and get it ready to sew tomorrow (can't sew after they go to bed until/unless I move my machine since it's in Isabelle's room).  

I had to take new measurements for the girls, obviously.  A lot has changed over the past year.  Last year, they could pretty much all wear the same size, with the only difference being that things were longer on Zoe because she's shorter.  Now, they're all three very different sizes.  I'm so used to being able to just make one dress and letting them fight over it.  Now, if I make something to fit Olivia, no one else can wear it, because she's the smallest.  The sizes actually go in reverse of their ages.  Zoe is the biggest (which is depressing, because she's still the shortest).  If I want something that will last through all three of them, I have to make it her size and her big sisters will have to grow into it.  That really concerns me, but that's a whole other blog post.  If I make something to fit Olivia, neither of her sisters will ever wear it.

I'm trying to figure out ways to make things fit all three of them.  Mainly because they're fighting over the fabric I pulled out.  Fun times.

I'm going to make a paper bag waist skirt, and two sundresses.  The challenge will be making a skirt that will fit both Olivia and Zoe.  There is a SIX inch difference between their waist measurements.  

*cracking my knuckles*

Let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...