Friday, April 22, 2011

Finishing touches

I remembered today that the girls don't really have any shoes for their Easter dresses.  I didn't want to go out and spend a lot of money on some fancy shoes and I wanted something fun that they could wear later on.  I had started making daisies for headbands, so I just kept on making daisies until I had enough to make this for each girl:

Flip flops and headband

I'm just chomping at the bit to get the girls dressed up for pictures.  Maybe tomorrow if the sun is shining. Please, let the sun be shining...

I was very excited to use the nice glue gun that actually shoots glue out of the tip instead of backing up like the evil glue gun.  That is, until I was reminded why they are called HOT glue guns.  I wasn't sure if I was peeling glue or skin off the tip of my pointer finger.  Owie.  It's definitely going to blister.  Oh well, it's a miracle I even have fingerprints at this point in the game.  ;)

We're still awaiting the main Easter gift for the girls.  I found a great deal on Pillow Pets on Zulilly a few weeks back and ordered them.  The girls have been begging for one since before Christmas, but I kept thinking they need neither a pillow nor a stuffed animal.  Isabelle has gotten better lately, but the child used to drag her pillow around the house like a security blanket.  I remember a raccoon pillowcase I had as a kid, though, and I know they'll love these things like I loved my raccoon pillow, so I gave in.  Thing is, Zulilly is sloooooooooow.  I don't quite understand why they would have the companies ship to them and then they ship to me instead of just having the company ship to me, but that's how they do it and it can take weeks.  I knew this because I had ordered from them before, but I had my fingers crossed that it would make it in time.  They're supposed to be delivered tomorrow.  Talk about close...

Hopefully I'll have dress pictures tomorrow, but if not, have a blessed and Happy Easter!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...