Hooray for sunshine! Or at least lack of rain... it was kind of overcast, but I got pictures of the girls in their Easter dresses. Good thing I did it today, because they are so hyper right now that they'll probably have bruises all over from bouncing off of the walls. Heaven help me.
The fabric was from my excursion with my sister to Marshall Dry Goods a while back. They are tie-dyed quilting cotton and I'll be honest... I had several moments where I just wasn't sure it was the right choice. But now that the dresses are complete and after seeing the girls in them, I am loving it. The green sashes were actually once a fitted sheet. I was afraid it would be too much, but I really think it makes the outfits.
I used the pattern that I drafted for Zoe's Birdcage dress. I forgot that I had already included seam allowances and added them, but they aren't too big.
I had considered making them reversible, figuring they'd fight over the pink dresses, but I changed my mind.
I let the girls pick out who got which color.
I think they picked the right ones for each of them.
And it was purely by chance that the pack of headbands I bought happened to have three that went perfectly with each dress.
And, just in case you thought I exaggerate my kids' antics...
Now I must go try to salvage my mother's birthday cake. I can sew, I can crochet, but I am dangerous in the kitchen.