Thursday, April 21, 2011

"Momma, I want THAT for my birthday"

I hear this practically every day, even when no one has a birthday coming up.  It's why I have Olivia trained to fast forward through commercials.  Of course, a few toy commercials slip in and the girls think they have  to have whatever it is, but usually it's forgotten before SpongeBob is over.

Yesterday I was looking at some photos on Crafty is Cool's facebook to find something I wanted to show my husband, when Isabelle spied her Wonder Woman amigurumi.  She declared her need for me to make it for her birthday right away.  And since I've been wanting to find the time/good reason to make this exact thing, I'm all over it.  To be honest, I'm not even sure she cares that it's Wonder Woman... she did ask for a pink skirt on it, after all... I think she just wants a crocheted doll.  But I love Wonder Woman and I'm pretty stoked.

I'm hoping for an hour or two of sunshine soon so I can get some pictures of the girls in their Easter dresses.  I am trying to get some flowers made up for headbands... like the ones on the finished Easter baskets.  I just have so many projects going on at once that I can't seem to focus. 

And so that this post isn't without a picture, I'll just leave you with the inspiration of it in her really ugly day-glo Jughead-esque crown...

Seriously, what was I thinking with those colors?

1 comment:

  1. Too funny! My almost-7-year-old daughter does the SAME thing... every time there's a food or a toy or anything she remotely likes, I hear "for my birthday, can we...".

    I've finally realized that she doesn't necessarily *want* those things, it's just her way of saying she thinks something's really cool.

    At least I hope so. Otherwise, I have got a ton of things to remember in a couple months! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...