Monday, October 28, 2013

I'm beat.

It's been a busy past few days.

Saturday, of course, I had the half-marathon.  I felt pretty good Sunday after that, other than the blisters on my feet.  I read up on some ways to try to help prevent them in the future, so fingers crossed...

Well, Thursday, my ancient dryer kicked the bucket.  We got it used over 8 years ago, and it was ancient then, but it worked fine.  My husband had to replace the belt a few months ago, and I knew it was just a matter of time by the way it had been sounding lately.  I went to go take a load out and they were cold.  It was still tumbling, but no heat.  RIP old dryer.

Friday I dragged the kids out to buy a new one.  My first new major appliance purchase.  =)  The sales guy said it would take up to 5 days for delivery, and I already had a mountain of laundry to do, so I opted to pick it up Sunday.  Bill went and got it and I had to help him drag the old one out, clean the floor (wet dryer lint is nasty.... I gagged), and then we had to get the new one inside andinstall the power cord.  Seriously, next time I'll wait and just hit the laundromat.  Bill dropped a screw down the back of the washer and we had to take the entire back off.  The kids were all trying to "be helpful."  It was not fun.  But I have a dryer that works again.  Wheeee!

And, on a tangent... why don't dryers COME with power cords?  Why do you have to buy that separately?  Is this common with all appliances?  I mean, you can't exactly use it without a power cord. 

Then today, Bill and I drove out to my parents' to pick up their old bed.  They decided to get twin beds and asked if we needed a new bed, which we did.  We bought ours before we got married and we've been married 11 years.  They bought this bed just about a year ago after their apartment fire.  It's nice... a queen size sleigh bed.  =)

While we were there, my parents took us to lunch.  We went to Perkins.  When we got there, I remembered that the last time Bill and I were there, we ran into my Grandpa.  After we sat down, the guy sitting directly behind me started talking and I swear he sounded almost exactly like my Grandpa.  Maybe that was his way of saying "hey, I'm thinking of you, too..."

After lunch, Bill and I loaded up the bed and rushed home.  We were a little later than we needed to be... the girls get home around 3pm and we were cutting it CLOSE.  A little TOO close, in fact.  They got home before us, couldn't find us, and went down to my sister's house.  My brother-in-law was home and called when they got there.  We were literally pulling into the driveway.  At least they had somewhere to go, thank goodness.

Bill actually drove to and from my parents' house (a little over an hour away), which is very rare.  I fell asleep on the way up there and on the way home. 

So, we moved our old bed into Isabelle's room and set up the new bed.  Threw some sheets on it and threw myself down on it.  It feels like a marshmallow!  So soft.  =)  I'm really looking forward to crawling into it soon because I am exhausted.  Walking a half-marathon, moving appliances and beds.... that'll wear a girl out.


  1. it must be death to appliances week or something...our washer bit the bullet (and was about as ancient as the dinosaurs) just sat there for hours full of water...not fun hauling a full load of sopping wet clothes out of the washer! as for the dryer..that's strange, never knew the power cords weren't included...greedy appliance people!

  2. All my appliances, including washer and dryer, have always come with a power cord (in Australia). That is crazy that they didn't give you one.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...