Friday, January 27, 2012

NOOOOO!

I have two words for the chick at work who came up in my front office sniffling and sneezing.  And it's not "feel better."

I am sick.

I woke up this morning and I promise you I sneezed like 25 times in a 5 minute span.  I took my Zyrtec, hoping maybe the allergens were just super bad today.  But... alas... I just never felt better.  I realized shortly before lunch that I was coming down with a cold.  Two days before my cruise and I get sick.

Figures.

So, at lunch I ran to Walgreens and bought some zinc lozenges.  Here's what I have to say about zinc lozenges.... while they actually do lessen your symptoms (shortening the duration is yet to be seen), I felt like I had picked up a stone to suck on.  They are so gross and they dry your mouth out.  It takes me almost half an hour to finish one off.  But I do feel better for about an hour.

Oddly enough, before I realized that I had this cold coming on, I had stumbled across a pin on Pinterest about mixing honey and cinnamon as a cold remedy.  So, after I got the kids in bed tonight, I tried to find it, unsuccessfully - but I am craving cinnamon rolls thanks to the search results - and just googled it.  Apparently honey and cinnamon is a cure-all for everything.  Who knew?

But it said for colds to mix about a tablespoon of honey and 1/4 a spoon (what kind of spoon?  just a spoon, I guess) of cinnamon in lukewarm water.

Warm cinnamon and honey water.  It tastes bettter than zinc lozenges for sure

Yes, I did it.  I'm desperate.  No one wants me snotting and sneezing all over the cruise ship.

Much to my dismay, I somehow do not have any regular clover honey.  I have buckwheat honey, which I bought to  use as a cough syrup for the girls.  Which they refuse to take because it's nasty.  I don't really care for honey all that much in the first place, but buckwheat honey tastes like liquid raisins and raisins taste like shriveled evil.  But I figure honey is honey and even raisins taste better than zinc.

I might have actually enjoyed the drink if it had been clover honey.  It wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible.




I finally found the pin.  It was bugging me =)

We'll see how all this homeopathic stuff does for me.  I need to feel human tomorrow - I have so much stuff to do.  Laundry, grocery shopping, finish up packing, prepare as much as possible for my husband.  I simply can't be sick right now.

Oh, and in case the mug has you curious... my dentist rocks.  And he's cute.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better for your cruise, though that mixture looks very odd....I have never tried anything like that. we have hot toadies which is hot whisky, water and honey I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stinks! I hope your home remedies work and you feel 100% better for your cruise. I'd have the same two words for that lady. Drink lots and sleep more! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love a cute dentist! Oh...and glad your rememdy worked. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...