Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Baby Blanket Progress

I just thought I'd show two things I'm working... crocheting, not sewing.  And you'll have to forgive the pictures.  I got a little happy with the editing choices on my phone. 

Baby blanket

I'm almost through 2 skeins of yarn (out of 8, I think) for this.  My goal is a skein a week and even then I'm sure it won't be finished by the time my friend has her baby.  I didn't know her when she had her other babies, but if I remember correctly, her babies like to make their appearances early, so I'm sure even if I devoted all my time to it, it wouldn't be finished in time.

I still think this technique of seamless crocheting is awesome.  The only thing I don't like is that I'm constantly untwisting it, but that's a lot better than hundreds of ends to weave in, so I'm not complaining.

Progress

This, which isn't even remotely blinding in real life, is a hat I'm designing.  I've wanted to do this for a while, but it's kind of spring/Easter-ish and didn't want to get into it during Christmas.  I realized that tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, so Easter is approaching quickly.... I thought I needed to get busy on it.  I'm not 100% happy with what's going on, there will be tweaking, for sure.  I am hoping to make it my first "for sale" pattern, but I'll need some testers and you guys get first dibs!  I'll keep you posted.

I had intended to do a little cleaning and organizing in my bedroom to make room for the truckload  of fabric that will start arriving tomorrow, but the hat distracted me.  I'm sure I'll be more motivated to actually do it once I have the stuff in my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...