Monday, February 6, 2012

Fruity Pebbles

I'm still busy sorting out pictures and stuff from vacation.  I was asked to make a copy of my pictures for several of the women I was there with.  I went with a group of 17 other women, but mostly did stuff with only 2 of them, so I'm sure the other 15 don't want a ton of pictures of my sister and her best friend.  When I'm done, I'll probably just post a few highlights on here and a link to the bulk of the photos if you are interested in looking at them.

I took two projects with me... the baby blanket and the overlay mandala.  I made really good progress on the blanket, not so much on the mandala. 


I don't know if you can see it very well in this picture, but there is my mandala-in-progress, laying on top of my green and black hook bag.  Not very big.  =)  Underneath it all is the baby blanket.  It reminds me of Fruity Pebbles cereal.  My gauge was off, as usual, so I'm going to need another skein of yarn.  I really like it.  Everyone else ooh-ed and ahh-ed over it.  In fact, on the first flight, the flight attendant loved it so much that I ended up giving her the label so that she could give it to a friend of hers to have her own blanket made.

One of the ladies I traveled with is trying to learn how to crochet, and I tried to help her out a bit, but instead I told her I'd just give her a link to Craftyminx's Crochet School.  I'm not the best teacher in the world and I hold my yarn funny.

I had decided before I left that I was going to take the stuffed stick man that I made on the trip to take pictures of in various places.  I really had fun with it.... until I lost him. =(  It's not a huge deal since I can always make a new one but the trip wasn't over yet and I still had plans for him.  I put together a little album on Flickr of his adventures and you can go see it here.

Totally relaxed
My favorite photo of Stick Man


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...