Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I am so PROUD

I'm always proud of my kids... of course.  But Olivia did something tonight that has me so excited, I can't stand it!

I've been sketching out an idea today and Olivia saw me and asked if she could draw a dress, too.  I gave her a notebook and let her have at it.

Look at this...

Olivia's design

How awesome is that?

I have to make it.  She didn't ask me to or anything, but I have to.  Even though the color combination is a little off to me, I won't change a thing.  I'll probably use some old tshirts, if I can find a green one.  I know I have pink and red. 

This is going to be so much fun!

When I was in jr. high, I dreamed of being a fashion designer.... I still have all my old sketch books.  I have been tempted to drag them out to look at them.  So to see her take an interest in that direction just makes me giddy. 

Man, I need more hours in the day.  I wish I could run on 2 hours sleep.  That would be just awesome.  =)

3 comments:

  1. I completely understand how you feel to have her do such a sketch with attention to detail and a color scheme!! Pls post pix of what you make and her face when she sees her sketch come to life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How special!!! I can't wait to see the dress and Olivia's face! I would be proud too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing! You should be proud. Can't wait to see the finished dress. Exciting!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...