Friday, March 8, 2013

Happiness after disappointment

Today was weigh-in day.... 

I was really, really hoping to hit the 30 lb mark today and weigh at or below 237 lbs. 

It was 237.2. 

Ugh!  So close!

I moved a clip anyway.  Take that, scale!

Untitled

I have a 50 lb goal for this year, so there are 50 clips.  I started this year at 250 (actually, 251, but I just didn't start moving clips until 249) and hope to be at or below 200 by the end of the year.  I've lost (almost) 13 lbs this year.

I only lost .6 lbs this week, and .8 last week.  And yes, that's good, but I had a streak of almost 2lbs per week going.  I decided to stop counting calories to see how well I can manage it on my own.  I'm still losing, but slower.  I'm going to give it one more week, I think.  This week is PMS week and I haven't been as active as usual since the half-marathon, so I think one more week is fair.

We spent the afternoon getting prepared for the girls' fashion show tomorrow.  I took them to get their hair trimmed....

 Untitled

And we had to pick out some orange nail polish for their fingers and toes.

 Untitled
We ended up with the 2nd from the left, if you cared.  ;)

Then we went to the thrift store to see if I could find a decent orange shirt to wear tomorrow.  In case you didn't guess, the fashion show is orange-themed.  I'm not a fan of orange, so I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a shirt I might never wear again.  But I actually do like this shirt I picked out.  A lot.  Go figure.  While I was there, I thought, "Hey, why not pick up a pair of size 18 jeans for when the 20s get baggy."  I started out in 22s, and the idea of wearing 18s is really freaky to me.  I haven't been below 20s  in 10 years or so.  I found a decent looking pair of Levi's and grabbed them.  So I got home and tried on the shirt, and was pleasantly surprised.  I wasn't going to try on the jeans yet... my 20s are just now comfortable, there's no way I could get the 18s on.  But I did try.  And I did get them on.  I had to "suck it in" and it wasn't entirely comfortable or flattering, but they were on my body!  I'm so excited!  I'm definitely ready to get to where I would wear them out of the house and straight to go buy a pair of 16s!  That's like high school size there!

Untitled

3 comments:

  1. You're an inspiration! Your discipline is mind blowing, because I really have none. I'm rooting for you!! Keep it up girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome about the pants!! Go girl go!

    And some weeks we're just thrilled to lose a few tenths of a pound, aren't we? That was me last week after several not-so-stellar days. My weigh-in is on Tuesday. Hopefully a slightly more impressive loss this week :) I'm hovering just above 300 so I'm definitely aiming for a 2 at the front this week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...