Friday, March 22, 2013

The week that got away...

Dude.  It's already Friday?  This week has flown by me.  Probably because it was a super good week.  We spent Monday and Tuesday camping (in a cabin, I'm a weenie like that) at Mt. Nebo, then drove up to Mt. Magazine on Wednesday.  Back to work yesterday, but we had no patients, so it was blissfully quiet.  Same today.  

And now it's over.  Boo.

I'll post about our trip later.  I took my required gazillion pictures.  Hiked all over that mountain like I owned it.  Ate junk and more junk.  Ugh.  My weigh in was not pretty.

I guess I have to hold myself accountable, though, huh?

I gained.  =P  Up to 239.8.  It was especially sad for me because Monday, I weighed in at 236.8... unofficially breaking the 30 lb mark.  But I don't count Monday weigh ins.  Sad, huh?  

It's OK, though.  Just the kick in the pants I need to get back on track with my food.  I feel all bloated and gross, and I hate it.  I have my menu and grocery list all made for next week and I'm going to rock it.

I thought about doing my C25k while we were up on the mountain, but I didn't.  One, I didn't want to be hit by a car, and the only road was pretty hilly.  And, two, it was colder than I expected up there and I didn't pack for that.  I froze my hiney off.  I expected 60+ degrees while we were there, and while it might have been that nice at the bottom of the mountain, it certainly wasn't that warm up on top.  Brrr.

So, last night, I went to the rec center to try to do C25k on the treadmill.  Again, I was terrified.  I probably am sounding like the most nervous person on earth lately (and my post about our camping trip won't help me out, I'm afraid), but I was really afraid of running on the treadmill.  I thought I'd sound like an elephant on the machine.  I was afraid of falling off the machine.  But, I had to try.

I got up there and decided to walk at 3.8 mph, and do my runs at 5 mph (12:00 pace).  I got to my first run and it felt amazing!  Enough to bump up my heart rate, but not make me feel like I was going to die.  My only problem was my first switch from running back to walking, I didn't transition very well and pulled something in my groin.  It made walking not so much fun, but it didn't bother me when I ran.  (It feels fine today, though, so it was nothing major) I got much better at the transition by the end of my workout.  Which I finished, successfully!  I loved it!  I was so excited.  I never once thought "I can't do this."  I'm only going to get 2 runs in this week, but between last week and this week, I feel very confident about moving on to Week 2 next week.  I am not afraid of running for 90 seconds now.  =)

I'll probably stay on the treadmill until my last run of Week 3 and then I'll try the track again to see if I've successfully trained my body to run slower.  I can't run exclusively on the treadmill and then expect to run an actual 5k, so I have to run on real ground sooner than later.  But I really liked running on the treadmill.  I didn't fall off and if I did sound like an elephant, my music was up too high for me to hear it.  ;)


  1. OMGoodness, your fear of the treadmill totally mirrored mine! In fact, I just talked about that in the reply to your comment on my blog. I'm glad that you ultimately successfully conquered your fear. :)
    Glad you had such an awesome week! I wouldn't fret too much about the gain. No doubt you'll break that 30 lb mark next week! ♥

  2. I'm glad you guys had fun in the cabin! I can't wait to take our girls camping. And I can't wait to see your pictures! Hope everyone is recovered from the wilderness. Your running/walking/weight loss story is inspiring me, I need a kick in the pants to stay on the wagon of working out. I'm sure you'll reach your goal in no time with how hard you're working!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...