Friday, March 15, 2013

Sleepy Saggy Slacker

I don't normally complain about Daylight Saving Time.  I get up before the sun all year long, so it just means the sun sets later in the day.  A bit inconvenient trying to convince the girls it's bedtime, but they have room darkening curtains (which I need to put back up.. they knocked them down today =/).

But I have had the worst time this week dragging my booty out of bed.  Good gracious.  My body has definitely still been convinced that it's 3:30am when I get up and has not been happy to be awakened.  I had gotten really good at waking up the second my alarm started, but now I'm all like "Why, God?  Why?"

I've been having weight-loss/food related dreams, too.  That's fun.

I stumbled to the bathroom this morning to discover that I gained a pound this week.  Boo!  I really expected worse, though.  I only count Friday weigh ins, but I do weigh every day, and Wednesday I was 5 lbs up from last Friday, so I'll accept this 1 lb and not whine.  I was soooo bloated all week, and it decided to all come off on Wednesday.  I swear I went to the bathroom at least 8 times at work.  I even joked how I was probably going to lose 2 lbs in water weight.  It was actually 3.5 lbs.  In one day. 

I've let my weekends totally spin out of control.  And this past week, the weekend started Friday night, and carried over into Monday.  And Tuesday somewhat.  Not good.  I mean, Mark Sisson (The Primal Blueprint) says eating Primal 80% of the time is fine, but it's been more like 40% the past few weeks.  And the scale has spoken.

I've decided after our Spring Break trip (which ends Wednesday) I'm going to go back to counting my calories and I think I'm going to move my weigh in day back one day a week until I settle on Tuesday.  Having a weigh in closer to the weekend will hopefully keep me from eating everything in sight all weekend.

But, in light of the fact that it finally hit 80* here today, I grabbed a pair of shorts and put them on.  Without unbuttoning or unzipping them.  They barely stay up.  Unfortunately, aside from workout clothes, they're about all I have for the spring/summer.  I hate shopping, even for smaller sizes, but it's looking like I need to get my hiney to the store before I expose it to everyone unintentionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...