Monday, February 21, 2011

Itchin' to get to stitchin'

All fall and winter long I wondered why I just had no real desire to sew.  I made a few things, but for the most part, my poor little sewing machine was neglected.  =(  Instead I turned to yarn.  And it kind of worried me, because you can only make so many hats before you just have no more heads that need to be covered.  My kids don't even really like to wear them, except on the occasional whim.  It's sad, really. 

Well, it's been nice and spring-like the past week and my brain seems to have switched gears.  I want to make cute little dresses.  Now.  Like, I wish I could just call in to work so I had more time.  Tonight I took a dress that Zoe likes to wear and I traced a pattern from it.  It's a really simple little thing, so it shouldn't take me very long to sew up.

I am going to probably get myself in trouble this weekend.  Well, I say that, but I'd be the one getting on to myself, because Bill generally is pretty clueless about our finances... but anyway... My sister and I are going to Batesville to some fabric store that she promises me is out of this world.  She needs fabric to make Miss Iz a quilt for her birthday and I need fabric for their Easter dresses and the fact that I'm just chomping at the bit to sew is probably going to lead to me purchasing fabric with no real plan in mind.  I'm not really one of those people who have a huge fabric stash at any given time.  I buy fabric with a purpose most of the time.  Yarn... well, that's been a different story. 

We need a picture, don't we?

Greenie's new shirt

The shirt says "Greenie."  I really should stop taking pictures with my cell phone so much.  I probably shouldn't encourage the whole Greenie thing, but it's amusing.  I doodled some designs on the shirt in bleach and then stenciled it with freezer paper and silver paint.  I just love freezer paper.  My goal is to one day use the whole roll.  It might take me until Zoe graduates, but I'll try.  It's a HUGE roll.

Let's see... what else....?

Oh yeah.  I have a photo gig coming up.  I am just in demand lately.  Ha ha!  A friend of mine is in a band called Lazy Mary and they need photos.  And, of course, he thought of me.  I have no idea what I'm getting paid and I don't really care.  I just think it will be a fun experience and something different.  

So, in the past few weeks, I have had three different people seek me out to make or do something for them.  I love it!  It would be great if I could make real money at it, but I'm fine right now just doing the occasional job.  It makes me feel good and that's worth more than money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...