Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope everyone has had a wonderful day.  Ours was very quiet.  No big family get-together.  Don't be sad... it'll happen on Sunday.  One reason we are waiting is that normally Mr. Bill has to work Thursday night, regardless of whether or not it is a holiday.  But they decided to shut the shop down for a change and he ended up at home.  We threw together a mini Thanksgiving dinner, complete with a mini turkey (a cajun seasoned breast that was already fully cooked). 

stuff
Someone pea'd on the table.  ;)  Zoe called them "green corn."

I haven't had many crafty things to show lately.  Mainly because I haven't finished anything but a few sock monkey hats and a mohawk hat.  I do have a WIP - Hobbes for Isabelle - that is going way too slow.  But I finally have a couple of things to show...

Olivia's BFF has a birthday coming up soon and I know she loves Hello Kitty, so I improvised a hat for her.  Olivia wanted me to make her a doll, but I needed it to be a quicker project.

hello kitty
why, oh, why is that closet always open?

I think if I make another one, I need to make the eyes and nose smaller.  I like how the corners of the hat form ears without having to actually attach ears.

I also have part of my brother-in-law's Christmas present finished.  I'm making him a beard hat, but the beard will be detachable.  Because, while he'll get a kick out of a beard hat for sure, I don't see him getting much use out of it.  I wanted the hat to be blue and orange...  he's a big fan of the Bears.  I tried one pattern and didn't like the way it was turning out, so I decided to try the Brain Waves pattern from Playin' Hooky Designs.  I ended up adding another stripe because it fit me better that way, and there is no way his head is smaller than mine, so I figured it would fit him better that way, too.  I like this much better...

stuff
Man, that's a bad picture...

I made little loops inside to attach the beard to once I get that worked out.  I thought about just sewing buttons in the hat to attach the beard to, but I thought that wouldn't be really comfortable.

I'm actually making really good progress on all my Christmas projects.  Well, aside from Hobbes.  He's not hard, I've just been really tired this week and can only work on him after the girls go to bed.  But I have half a leg and the tail to go and then I can put him together and move on.

I think I'm going to postpone making the flower scarves for the girls.  Isabelle caught sight of some peg dolls on Pinterest (my entire family - husband included - loves that site) and wants some. 


Source: etsy.com via Jennifer on Pinterest


So I've ordered some blanks and some paint and I'll make some instead of the scarves.  I can't resist... they remind me of the old school Little People that I had when I was little... before they make them less of a choking hazard.  I do believe we're past the eating of the toys around here.  Plus, at some point I'm going to need to do something other than crochet all night or I'll burn out, you know?  I'm still going to make the scarves, but it will probably be after Christmas. 

Of course, after finding this today, I kind of question why I make anything for the girls:

stuff

For once, that wasn't Isabelle's handiwork.  I don't know why Olivia impaled her doll on a knitting needle... my sister asked if she's started practicing Voodoo.  If anyone starts complaining of shoulder pain anytime soon, we'll know for sure.

1 comment:

  1. Whahahahaha ahw man, poor doll... (but hilarious none the less!) ;)
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...