Tuesday, November 1, 2011

How many more teeth does she have?

Today was Olivia's regular dental check up.  My kids adore going to the dentist.  I don't blame them.  Our hygienist and the dentist are super nice and they are great with the kids.  Isabelle and Zoe's first appointments were actually just impromptu "hey, let me up in that chair!" situations.  I'm always hearing what good little patients they are.

Well, when we went in today, Olivia's remaining front tooth was really loose.... "just hanging in there by her imagination" as the hygienist put it.  Remember, Olivia won't wiggle her loose teeth and it's high drama when it's time for the tooth to come out.  The hygienist told me that she'd just go ahead and get the tooth out for me and I felt like flying across the chair to hug her.  I was envisioning this peaceful easy tooth plucking done by someone other than me.  I got the "someone other than me" part right.

During the cleaning, Olivia bit down on "Mr. Thirsty" with her tooth and it started bleeding.  Our visit went downhill pretty fast from there.  Miss Charlotte told her she'd put some "blue medicine" (topical anesthetic) on it for her so it wouldn't hurt.  She barely got to finish the cleaning and the dentist came in to verify no cavities.  Olivia was whimpering the whole time about her tooth.

Mind you, it's numb, OK?

So Miss Charlotte put a little more blue medicine on it, grabbed the tooth and yanked.  Apparently Olivia's imagination is stronger than Miss Charlotte thought, because the tooth didn't just yank out.  She had to grab on to it again and  pull.  Olivia is screaming and bleeding everywhere.  Dental employees come flocking to see what all the fuss is about.  Olivia is in hysterics, I'm laughing because the alternative is being mortified that my "model patient" is being so ridiculous, and everyone is just looking at us like we are insane.

I'm really glad that they told me that I should leave the other two in the waiting room and they'd watch them during Olivia's appointment.  (I told you, my dentist office rocks)  The girls are super protective of each other (they're the only ones allowed to hurt each other), so I'm sure it would have been pure insanity.

toothless

On the plus side, I already have Olivia's Tooth Fairy present (we do small - like dollar store - gifts instead of money) so we're set.  And I can go around singing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" to her!  Awesome.

3 comments:

  1. Lol! That's awesome! I laugh because I can see the whole thing happening! At least you didn't have to pull the tooth this time. I'm not really looking forward to those days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can still remember my kiddy days too, we all experience that wiggling tooth. As we age and develop we should pay more attention on our teeth and how to properly care for it. Routine check-ups to make sure they’re the best they can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fuck you bitches!April 11, 2012 11:52 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...