Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Dodo is 4!

Four years ago today, our family added it's 5th member... Little Miss Zoe Blain. 


It doesn't seem that long ago.  I found out I was pregnant with her because I had whooping cough and my husband suspected I was and wouldn't go get my prescriptions without me taking a test.  The complications I had with Olivia's pregnancy combined with the complications I had with Isabelle to make it a pretty difficult pregnancy, but I think it was worth it.  Just look at that chubby cheeked cherub.  =)

And now she's 4 but still the baby.  Always trying to keep up, always the short one, and still willing to cuddle a little bit with Mommy.

Yesterday I took her to get her big birthday present.  It was supposed to be her present last year, but I totally chickened out. 

384078_2669845258663_1032040812_2795802_1399564156_n

She got her ears pierced.

You would not believe how amazing this child was.  She didn't even flinch.  They were wonderful, and pierced both ears at once.  I was sure she'd jump off of the stool and fly to me to bawl her little head off, but not a single tear was shed over it. 

I couldn't let her birthday get here without making her something, though.  I wasn't sure I would get it done, but I did.  I had planned on going to bed early last night, but I turned on some dumb movie and got to work instead.

Her favorite animal is a giraffe (pronounced "jrap" in Zoe-speak).  That's what she got for Christmas.  So, for her birthday, I went with her second-favorite animal.  A zebra ("zeebwa"... of course).

010

I saw a zebra hat very similar on Pinterest and thought... I can figure that out.  And I totally did.  It's not an exact replica, but I'm understandably partial to this one ;)

011

I can't wait to see it on her.

Happy Birthday to my sweet little Dodo.  I love you!

**I've had a few requests for an ear flap tutorial, so when I made this hat, I took pictures and will work on getting that up in the next few days!**

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...