Friday, December 23, 2011

Stick a fork in me.

I declare the Christmas Crochet Marathon 2011 over.  (wild applause)

I'd like to say I got everything accomplished, but I did not.  My beard beanie for my brother-in-law is just a beanie.  The peg people (although not crocheted, were on the list) are not finished.  A Hello Kitty for my friends' daughter didn't make it, but I had warned them I may not finish it by Christmas.  I'm still very proud.  And very tired.  I still have a few projects to finish up, but then I'm going to kiss my hooks goodbye for a few weeks. 

Here are some of my last-minute finishes:

Kitty

This is Olivia's cat.  She actually has seen this picture of it and asked me where it came from.  I plead ignorance.  Why is it that my kids can figure out my phone 500 times faster than I can?  She's supposed to have a big bow around her neck, but I figured I can just find some ribbon to substitute.  I had to sacrifice a few details.  I'm sure Olivia won't care.

Floppy

This is Zoe's giraffe. 

Floppy

He's not very spotty, but I'm kind of sick of him right now so that's all the spots he's gonna get.  His neck is also kind of floppy.  The head is pretty heavy for such a long neck... I even stuffed a stick in there to help and it wasn't quite long enough.  Now there's a stick lost inside of him.  Oh well.  He's also supposed to have a diaper, binky, and teddy bear, but since he's lucky to have spots, we all know that's not happening.

Both of the patterns are by Paola Navarro.  I really adore all her patterns, but I have to confess that I hated the legs on both patterns.  It's just a personal preference and the absolute adorableness of her designs overpower that detail anyway.  Just look at that floppy giraffe's face. 

I don't have a good picture of my mom's Granny Shrug, but it's finished.  I don't like how it looks on me, but I think it will be beautiful on my mom.

I'm so relieved to be finished.  I was really worried I wouldn't make it and have stuffed animal parts under the tree with a promise to finish them ASAP.  Tomorrow I must make myself concentrate on laundry or else we will have a Merry Naked Christmas.  And that just won't do. 

I wish each an every one of you a Christmas full of love and happiness and amazing memories.  =)

2 comments:

  1. Have a lovely Christmas! :)
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennifer, you should be proud of yourself you really did a great job on your projects. I didn't have quite as many projects but managed to finish everything and am very proud of myself. I love giving home made gifts because I know they are truly appreciated. Have a very Merry Christmas and give yourself a break you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...