Saturday, December 31, 2011

My Theme for 2012

Wow, 2011 went by super fast!  I know a lot of people who have had a really tough year, so I hope everyone has a spectacular 2012.  I am planning on it.  =)

Like a lot of people, I make New Year's Resolutions.  And like almost as many people, I don't really keep them.  But every year, and this year is no different, I try again.

This year I realized most of the things I was thinking about had a common theme, so I'm declaring that 2012 will be the year of Discipline.


Source: google.com via Jennifer on Pinterest



I need to be much, much more disciplined in several areas of my life.  It seems like lately I'm just in constant La-La-Land.  I need to get things organized, get things into a routine, crack down a little more on the hyper smart-mouths developing over here, make healthier choices for the family....

Here are a few of my goals for the year:

  • Work on organizing the house bit by bit
  • Get a cleaning routine in place
  • Eliminate unhealthy foods in the house one by one
  • Get the girls on a good chore system
  • Get the girls in a routine to make sure homework and chores are done
  • Be more active
  • Stay on top of the budget
I have been seriously considering something over here, too.  I have posted a few free patterns here on my blog, and they seem to be pretty well received.  I have quite a few more ideas rattling around in my head, and while I do enjoy sharing my patterns, it would be nice to fund my yarn addiction.  So I'm thinking of writing up some new patterns and starting an Etsy shop.  I know there are a ton of crochet pattern sellers out there, but I hope I can come up with some fresh ideas.  It will take some time to get everything in place, but hopefully by mid-year I'll be ready.  I'll probably ask for pattern testers in the near future.

Well, I'm off to celebrate the New Year a few hours early with my 3 little girlfriends and some sparkling grape juice.  The champagne will come later ;)

They say the way you ring in the New Year will be how you spend the rest of your year.... which would mean a lot of people would be drunk all year, but anyway... so make sure you ring in the New Year with a smile.  Be safe and see you next year!

2 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you an your family! I think I told you already, but more
    doesn't hurt! I have an etsy shop but I don't out a lot on there and it hasn't attracted any attention really. But I'm not that dedicated either! Speaking of pattern testers I'd love to be one of your's! But I also have a pattern for you to have/try that I wrote. I should have given it to you sooner. Little A is a huge
    fan of giraffes too an I wrote a pattern for giraffe ears and horns to go on
    hats. She, however, refuses to wear the hat but it's so dang cute! I'd love to share it with you!

    P.s. Happy birthday Zoe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An Etsy Shop! Sounds like a perfect plan.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...