Friday, December 23, 2011

Help me, Santa...

Do your kids buy into the whole Naughty/Nice list?  Do they really think Santa will only bring them presents if they are on their best behavior?

Mine do not.

Or maybe this is their best behavior...  God help me.

I've tried to hold Santa over their head all season and it's not helping.

I'm totally at a loss this morning.  Because they're definitely on the Naughty List.  So on the Naughty List.

We all know my kids are insane.  Their antics are a constant source of amusement to friends and family everywhere. And I know that this morning is actually pretty funny.  I almost took a picture of it, but it involved a naked child.  It was one of those situations where I would have laughed myself into hysterics, but I was too mad.

The girls woke me up at 3:30am.  They were all amazed that I was still home.  Well, I am always home and asleep at 3:30am, and told them I was not happy to be awake so early especially since I didn't have to even be up at my normal 4:30am today.  I gave them a lecture on getting out of bed before the sun comes up and put them back in bed.  I went back to bed.

I woke up again at 6:30am to a lot of giggling.  I was really irritated and was all geared up to scare the daylights out of three insomniacs.  Then I saw the kitchen. 

I found myself standing in something really gritty... kitty litter.  Thankfully the cat hardly ever uses the litter box so I'm fairly sure it was clean.  I see Olivia standing on a step stool at the sink. 

I see Isabelle.  Naked.  In the sink.  Having her hair washed.

Water everywhere.  Paper towels everywhere.  Chocolate milk and chocolate syrup.  Everywhere.

I was just speechless.  Once I regained some composure, I instructed them to get out of the kitchen and get dressed.  I cleaned up as best as I can half-asleep and lectured them until 7:00 when I had to start getting ready for work. 

Part of me wants to make sure none of the presents under the tree are from Santa.  Part of me wants to take half their presents back to the store.  Part of me feels like I'd scar them for life if I did that.

I don't know what I'll do.  I told them they had to have the living room and their playroom cleaned up by the time I get home today and I better hear that they were  little angels for their Daddy or I'll take the tree down.  Of course, Bill's 2012 Snap On calendar was soaked in chocolate milk, so I guarantee a bad day for them once he sees that.  You don't mess with the Snap On merchandise.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no that sounds terrible! Are they always so mischievous? Hope you get things and the children sorted out!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...