Monday, March 21, 2011

I do love being a geek

I think I amuse myself more than anyone else does.  I don't know if that's good or bad, but most of the time it makes me happy, so I'll say it's good. 

Today is the first day of Spring Break.  I had planned on getting the girls in the backyard digging up our garden (or worms as the case maybe for them) but I needed to go to the bank and Bill needed to sleep, so we just left the house for the afternoon.  I realized as we got to Big Lots that I forgot my wallet, so we had to go retrieve that and since I really was only going there to kill time, I decided to head to Hobby Lobby instead.  I swear I didn't buy any fabric or yarn.  It was tempting.  Sooooo tempting.

The girls and I wandered around and we were in the wood aisle when Isabelle told me to look at what she had found.  Leave it to her to find a giant pair of wooden scissors.  The girl who has cut all their hair more than once, not to mention half her dolls' hair and other items, finds the giant scissors.  I thought it was so funny that I bought them.

Normal sized fabric scissors to show scale.

I haven't quite decided if I'm going to paint them, stain them, or Mod Podge them.  But they make my heart super happy.

Remember the giant doily?  How I wanted a giant crochet hook after seeing it?  I almost have it all figured out.  I'm going to use styrofoam.  I found some tubes that are almost the right size.  Just a tad too skinny.  But they'll work if I can't find anything else.  I'll sand down the end of it to look like a crochet hook and paint it silver (probably).  Then I'll have giant scissors and a giant crochet hook.  Now I'll need some knitting needles (a friend of mine suggested sharpened dowel rods with knobs on the end - although my mother gave me some pretty monster knitting needles she had) and a sewing needle.  Maybe a giant spool of thread.  But then I'd need a giant ball of yarn.  And what on earth would I do with all of that?  Maybe I should leave out the thread and yarn.  Definitely a time when my crafting ADD will come in handy.  I'll get bored with it long before the thread and yarn. 

I have an affinity for giant things and miniature things.  Something I could care nothing about normal sized becomes amazing to me if you change the scale just so.  Take a tanker truck for instance.  I don't care about trucks and I don't really think toy trucks are all that cute.  But this made me squeal with excitement on Saturday:

Seriously, I want that in my back yard.

And speaking of my crafting ADD, I'm having a really hard time pinning myself down to work on anything because I have so much I want to do.  By the time I'm ready to start a project, I have so many other things I'm dying to do that I no longer want to do it.  I need to finish up some baby shower gifts, like now.... the baby is due in a little over a month.  And I still haven't started my friend's dress.  I found a tutorial for turning a purse into a camera bag that I really want to do and I have Easter dresses to make and a birthday present for Isabelle to make.  I should have given up sleep for Lent instead of fabric and yarn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...