Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I don't care what the calendar says...

Summer

... Summer officially starts on Memorial Day.  Not June 20something.  It was a toasty 90 degrees here in Arkansas yesterday.  I really don't like that high of a number, but I'm determined to spend as much time outdoors as I can this summer.  I intend to overdose on Vitamin D by the start of school in August.  I've made a list of supplies we need for summer... including water bottles, a picnic blanket, sunscreen.  All to be kept in a bag ready to go every day when I get home from work.  I am not going to spend 10 weeks sitting on the couch, watching Spongebob and listening to the girls beg for snacks.  It's just not happening.

Since the man was working today (he doesn't get holidays off unless they just so happen to fall on his usual days off) and we didn't make any plans with the family, the girls and I decided to venture out to the park.  The begged for the rocket park, and it wasn't busy, so that's where we went. 

 Look!
What is she so excited about?

Rocket
Climbing up there.

Olivia
Freaks ME out.   But it's nothing, Mother. 

Poor Dodo
Poor Littlest Bug.  She kept getting left behind.

Wilted
It's sooooo hot.  (Better get used to it, girls.)

The girls lasted about 30 minutes.  Normally I'm the one wilting away first, but they beat me to it and started asking to go to the store.  They don't care what store.  They just love going to the store.  Basically anywhere with AC that might have something that they can talk me into buying for them.

And I know this is a day late, but all of us in our little house give thanks to everyone who laid down their life to give us the freedom we take for granted most other days of the year.

Happy Memorial Day
Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...