Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It's been one of those days already

It's not even 7:30am and I am so done with today.


Source: flickr.com via Ariane on Pinterest

That's me and my little black rain cloud.

I wake up at 4am.  =P  My kids are watching a Barbie movie.  Why?  Why must you children do this?  Why can't you sleep?  It's not like they're teenagers trying to stay up all night.  They're little kids.  Little kids who should sleep like 12 hours straight or something.  More than 8 for sure.

Then I noticed a text on my phone so I checked it and it was from my coworker asking me about what time I was coming into work today.  She sent it at like 4pm yesterday.  I don't pay much attention to my phone. =)  I remembered that we don't have any patients and therefore I don't have to get to work at 5:30. Ugh.  I felt like Dante from Clerks, but instead of "I'm not even supposed to be here today!", I wanted to scream "I'm not even supposed to be up this early today!"

I checked my facebook page and then noticed a post my husband made before he went to bed.  About his flat tire that he had to change in the not-so-great part of town.  Man, that sucks.  Oh, but wait... he drove the van to work.  Man, that really sucks.  If it were the truck, I'd say, let's try to patch it and let it go at that.  In the van.... well, sure we can take it to see if they can patch or plug it.  However, I don't really feel comfortable driving to Florida on a patched tire.  And if we buy a new tire, or rather 2 new tires because you don't just buy one new tire, we pretty much aren't going to Florida anyway.  There have just been too many little things happen to make me think maybe it's not such a good idea, but I kept planning on.  Well, this puts a big dent in the vacation budget, which was tight to begin with, so maybe it's just best to not go this  year. 

After much internal debate about going back to sleep for a little bit or just going to the gym, I decided since I slacked off for two weeks that I can't very well slack off again just two days back into it.  My heart just wasn't into it, but oddly enough, it was one of my better workouts calorie burn-wise.  I don't know why that is, but it seems like the more I have to drag my butt through a workout, the better my calorie burn turns out. 

I stopped at Sonic to get an ice water, because they have the best ice water, and almost dumped the entire large cup into my lap... the lid popped off.  I put it back on and headed in to work.  I started some coffee brewing and went to my desk, where the lid proceeded to pop off of my cup again, spilling the remainder of my drink all over my desk.  Luckily it was more ice than water, and luckily I just got a large and not a Route 44.  Luckily no one else was there to hear me swearing like a sailor.  And luckily it didn't fry any electronics. 

See, I'm trying to put a positive spin on it. 

I was almost afraid to go get coffee.  I figured I had probably done something to make the machine blow up or something.  Am I cursed today?  I'm trying to tell myself things can only go up from here, but we all know that's not really true. 


Source: amazon.com via Emme on Pinterest

I think I'll move to Australia.  (Isn't that what he says?  It's been a while...)

2 comments:

  1. Oh! What a rotten day! I'm sorry, truly I am! But the day can only get better if toy want it to get better! Plus it's Wednesday, hump day. I saw a post once
    that said, "when in doubt, hump it out." I really hope you have a better day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4AM! What time did they go to bed? The good news is tomorrow you can start all over. Wishing you a blissful day! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...