Sunday, July 17, 2011

Progress

I have so many plans in my head, especially sewing right now.  But this weekend (aside from today), I did not feel even remotely crafty.  I went two days without touching a hook or needle.  Today I wanted to sew, but it was laundry day and it's just a big mess in my room  until I get all the clothes put up, so I couldn't get to the sewing machine.  Bummer.

Instead, I worked on Zoe's blanket for the first time in quite a while.  I got the first two rows done really quickly and have just been dragging on the third row.  I finished the third row up today and started making the flowers for the fourth row, so I don't feel like such a slacker.  However, I showed it to Zoe and she said "you need to do more, Mom."  They're just never satisfied.  ;)

progress
Do me a favor and pretend my couch isn't hideous, OK?

That's 1/4 of the way done now.  I think I'll make faster progress on it now that Big Brother is on... hey, don't judge... we all have our guilty pleasures.  =)  Oh, and Project Runway starts soon, too.  That will be 4 hours a week where I'm going to have my butt parked on the couch and can work on it. 

I have two other works-in-progress right now (well, the ones I'm likely to work on anytime soon).  Here is my dragonfly shawl so far...

progress

And another shawl that I'm knitting...

progress

It's hard to really tell anything about the knitted shawl while it's on the needles.  I'm really not in love with either shawl at the moment.  It's hard to work on something I'm not loving.  But since I have some sewing that I really want to accomplish before we go on vacation, I can take a break from them without guilt.  I want to make some shorts for the girls, I am thinking of making a beach blanket out of bandannas, I have an idea for dresses for the girls....  oh, and beach robes.  That's quite a bit for two weeks.  I need to prioritize and just get to it starting tomorrow.  =)

1 comment:

  1. The blanket is so beautiful! I love it! The shawls are lovely too, I'm just not a very big shawl person. I'm impressed that you knit though, Im still working on a knitted scarf I started 3 years ago, not a big fan of knitting. Haha, I hope you ge all your big plans finished before your next vacation!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...