Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Astro Boy and those old pictures I promised.

It's Spring Break here, so the girls aren't in school.  We've had very light days at work and I was able to go in late this morning, and they were awake before I left.  My husband was not.  I gave the girls some toast and put Astro Boy on to keep them occupied for a little while so Bill could wake up.  I went in to wake him and tell him I was leaving and let him know what the girls were up to.

When I got home, he asked me what I had said to him when I woke him up.  I said "I told you the girls have toast and they're watching Astro Boy."  He started laughing and said that in his sleepy mind he heard "The girls are doing crafts with Astroglide."

Crafts with lubricant?  He said "You come up with some weird crafts online, so I didn't really think anything about it at the time."

That's my husband.

So, let's move on, shall we?

Let me show you some really neat vintage patterns I dug up last night

150 edging patterns 1951
1951 book of crochet edging patterns

87 vintage child's pattern
Adorable girls' dress... I didn't record the date, but probably 40s or 50s.  I also didn't check the state of the actual pattern yet.  I'd love to make one so I hope they're OK.

86 vintage pattern
Classy retro.  =)

83 vintage child's pattern
Another little girls' dress.  I think this is my favorite of the bunch.

80 vintage dresses
I don't know why I'm so drawn to that shirt... it would probably look like a muumuu on me, but I do love it.

There were so many other things... unfinished embroidery, needlepoint, doilies.  Just a few more pictures, OK?

67 steel crochet hooks
Rusty steel crochet hooks and a wooden E hook.

48 sequins
A huge bag of sequins and beads.

129 crochet thread
The inside of the gun case... crochet thread galore!

There are about 150 pictures if you'd like to go look at them.  I already shared this link after the first 30 pictures, so if you went to look you might want to skip through to the newer ones.  Some really neat stuff.

Now I just need to figure out how to set this serger up so I can try it out.  It was what I was most excited about, and it's sat neglected in the corner while I went nuts over this other stuff.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...